Hi welcome to my best heart rate monitor & heart rate monitor reviews website! This is Alan here. If you are looking for a heart rate monitor, you have come to the right website. I have researched and used many heart rate monitors due to my work as a personal trainer, but of course I can’t possibly own all the heart monitors available in the market, so I’ll try my best to illustrate and research base on consumer report, owner’s feedback, articles and blogs to help you to find your heart rate monitor here.
Heart Rate Monitor Watch Reviews
To find the right heart rate monitor, firstly think about the purpose you want to put it to.
- Basic Heart Rate Monitor – For getting an effective workout without doing it too hard and damaging your muscles, you need a basic heart rate monitor that can warn you when your heart rate is above or below your proper heart rate level.
- Best Heart Rate Monitor – A stylish and greatly functional heart rate monitor not only to track heart rate, but also track burned calories and store your workout sessions data.
- Best Heart Rate Monitor for Weight Loss Plan – Working out to lose weight? Track your heart rate, calorie burn and fat burn with this highly motivational heart rate monitor with daily and weekly reviews.
- Best GPS Heart Rate Monitor Watch – If you are a sports enthusiast or mountain sports lover, then you need a professional heart rate monitor like this.
For most basic users, the wrist watch type of heart rate monitor is sufficient, but if you intend to use it together with a workout equipment, a chest strap is more suitable.
How to Choose the Best Heart Rate Monitor
I have used my fair share of heart rate monitors, when walking, running, and also on machines like treadmills and ellipticals. Whether you are buying the heart rate monitor for basic or professional use, there are a few things that should be taken into consideration when you compare the various models available.
- Big Display and Font
The most frustrated thing to experience when working out is having to squint at the heart rate monitor and yet cannot read it. I’m not saying that because I have bad eyesight, but outdoor conditions like strong light can affect the display. A big display is also better to read when you are running or on the move.
- Beep Indicator
A good heart rate monitor is one that will tell you when your heart rate has gone below or above the optimum level. After all, the main reason for checking your heart rate is to maintain your heart rate at a level that is not too high to be physically harmful and yet high enough to burn calories.
- Responsive and Accurate
The chest strap type heart rate monitor should be responsive so that when you speed up or slow down, the monitor will keep up with you instead of showing high fluctuations in a sudden. It should also be accurate although it is difficult to ascertain this. Chest strap types are always more accurate than the wristwatch type.
- Big Buttons and Simple Programming
Nobody likes a piece of difficult technology taking up their time when they are trying to achieve something else. When achieving results is your priority, some easy buttons are what you would like in your gadget.
If you are buying a chest strap, try not to buy the cheap ones because they are often uncomfortable to wear. A good quality and flexible strap will make a difference in your workout experience.
- You can read more about heart rate monitor in my blog here.
Many people are looking for a good heart rate monitor to optimize their exercise, treadmill and etc. A quality heart rate monitor is definitely worth the investment!
Heart Rate Monitor Brands
Polar heart rate monitors are highly recognized in the heart rate watch or heart rate monitor watch industry. Polar has produced a couple of the best models that I highly recommend you to check out.
Garmin is another great brand name in this heart rate watch industry. For example, Garmin Forerunner is highly recommended by many fitness magazines. I really can’t say enough good things about this Garmin Forerunner heart rate monitor.
Other Heart Rate Monitor Brands:
Heart Rate Monitor Reviews Blog
More reviews to come in my blog.
I will update with more heart rate monitor reviews!